BookExpo America and ABA’s Day of Education are just about six weeks away. To help ensure booksellers have registered and reserved tickets for all of the programs and special events they want to attend, BTW has put together a list of important links and deadlines. BEA will be held from Monday, May 23 - Thursday, May 26 at NYC’s Javits Convention Center.
- BookExpo America Badges: All ABA Regular Bookstore and Provisional members must register for BookExpo America via the BEA website or by calling trade show customer service at (800) 840-5614. All member bookstores are eligible for a number of free badges. (Details of the free badge offer are available to members here.)
- Hotel for ABA Members: May 3 is the deadline for reservations at the Holiday Inn on 57th Street in Midtown Manhattan at the special ABA member rate. The low rates secured by BEA exclusively for ABA bookseller members are: $175 for one or two beds, single or double occupancy; $190 for triple occupancy; and $205 for a quad. Learn more about the hotel and obtain the ABA member booking code here; other hotel options are available via the BEA website.
- BEA’s Book & Author Breakfasts: Purchase tickets at the time you register for the show;call BEA customer service at (800) 840-5614; or, if you have an e-mail confirming your BEA registration, use the link in it to update your ticket purchases. (Learn more.)
- Speed Dating With Children’s Authors (May 24, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.): Open to booksellers and librarians only. This event is free, but advance registration is required and space is limited. To reserve a spot, send an e-mail email@example.com with your full name, store, library, or company affiliation, store address (street, city, state, and zip), and e-mail address. (Learn more).
- ABA’s Celebration of Bookselling Author Awards Luncheon (May 24, 12:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.): Open exclusively to two booksellers from each ABA member store. Space is limited; reservations will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Each bookseller who would like to attend the Celebration Luncheon should complete the electronic reservation form on Bookweb.org as soon as possible. Questions regarding the luncheon should be sent via e-mail to Mark Nichols, ABA industry relations officer. (Learn more.)
- APA Audio Publishers’ Author Tea (May 25, 4:00 p.m.): To purchase tickets,call BEA customer service at (800) 840-5614 or, if you have your original registration confirmation e-mail, click on the link in it to make update your special event ticket purchases.
- Tea With Children’s Authors (May 25, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.): Open to booksellers and librarians; advance reservations are required. Tickets are $15. Purchase tickets via an electronic form on BookWeb.org. (Learn more.)
- ABC Children’s Group Silent Auction and Reception (May 25, 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.): Open to all BEA attendees. This ticketed event will benefit the ABFFE Fund for Free Speech in Children’s Books. Tickets are available through ABA via an electronic form on Bookweb.org. Tickets purchased in advance are $69 for bookseller members of the ABC Children’s Group at ABA and $89 for all others. If tickets are still available once BEA begins, they will be sold at the Silent Auction Preview and at the Reception on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets purchased onsite will cost $79 for ABC Group members and $99 for all others. (Learn more.)