Here, BookSense.com Director Len Vlahos provides an update on the latest improvements and enhancements to BookSense.com.
Greetings BookSense.com Booksellers!
So many improvements are being made to BookSense.com this month that it called for a second installment of my On the Move
I am pleased to announce that we have added a new feature to BookSense.com: e-mail and domain hosting. This means you can now have e-mail addresses, with your domain name, hosted by BookSense.com. For up to three e-mail addresses this service is free! If you need more than three addresses, or would like special features, we offer expanded levels of service for a monthly fee. (See the schedule below.)
Many booksellers have used addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org for years. You'll now be able to replace those with addresses like email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or whatever you'd like. To be eligible, you must be a BookSense.com participant in good standing, and we must already be hosting your domain name.
If we don't currently host your domain name, we'd be happy to do it. If you're not sure if we already host your domain name, or if you don't know how to switch the domain to our servers, please check with Scott Nafz, our senior customer service coordinator (email@example.com).
These are the different levels of service we're offering:
- Basic Level (Free!): Three e-mail POP accounts, up to 3 MB storage (total), administrative access to control your own accounts.
- Expanded Basic ($15/month): Three e-mail POP accounts, up to 10 MB storage (total), administrative access to control your own accounts, e-mail forwarding, e-mail aliasing, auto responders. (These terms are defined below.)
- 20 Addresses ($20/month): Four to 20 e-mail POP accounts, up to 10 MB storage (total), administrative access to control your own accounts, e-mail forwarding, e-mail aliasing, and auto responders.
- 50 Addresses ($50/month): Twenty-one to 50 e-mail POP accounts, up to 20 MB storage (total), administrative access to control your own accounts, e-mail forwarding, e-mail aliasing, and auto responders.
- 100 Addresses ($100/month): Fifty-one to 100 e-mail POP accounts, up to 50 MB storage (total), administrative access to control your own accounts, e-mail forwarding, e-mail aliasing, and auto responders.
1. E-mail Forwarding -- Have e-mail coming into any of your accounts automatically forwarded to any other account, even if we don't host that second account.
2. Aliasing -- Create dummy addresses for outside accounts. In other words, it will enable you to use firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com. This is most useful for enabling multiple addresses (orders@, info@, joe@) to all go into the same mailbox. Note that aliased accounts are dummy accounts and do not behave like real accounts. They only appear like real accounts.
3. Auto Responders -- Set up an automated message to go to anyone writing to one of the addresses we're hosting. In other words, when a customer writes to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can set it up so that customer receives a "thanks for writing, we'll be back in touch with a personal message in the next 24 hours" e-mail. (This is also useful for automated vacation/away messages.)