On Friday, January 27, 2017, prior to the start of Winter Institute 12 (Wi12), the American Booksellers Association will present the IndieCommerce Institute (ICI), a one-day, interactive learning experience for IndieCommerce stores. The classroom-style workshop will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Wi12 host hotel, the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis.
Space at the IndieCommerce Institute is limited and preregistration is required. The ICI conference fee is $125 per person; attendance at the Winter Institute is not required to register for the IndieCommerce Institute. Registration for the IndieCommerce Institute will open November 1.
The ICI program will present actionable information for both new and experienced website administrators. It is preferable that IndieCommerce Institute attendees have at least one year of experience working on their store site; however, booksellers who are new to the platform but are comfortable working on their store site are welcome.
Below is a preview of some of the topics the institute will be covering:
Working With Images
- Display and manipulate images
- Create custom image styles
- Use images in views, slideshows, and image galleries
- Use tools like Lightbox and ImageCrop
- ADA compatibility and best practices
- Understand the menu structure and menu types
- Create new menus and manage existing ones
- Dropdown menus using Superfish, Suckerfish, Nice Menus
- Responsive menus
- Customize menus
- Introduction to the affiliate program
- Store vs. IndieBound affiliates
- Reports, commissions, clicks, etc.
- Introduction to rules and conditional actions
- Basic concepts and configuration
- Practical use-cases
Google Analytics (GA) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Overview of GA and SEO
- Drupal GA and SEO plug-ins available for IndieCommerce
- GA and SEO best practices
Watch BTW for more information; registration will open on November 1.
Questions and comments relating to IndieCommerce should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.