On Thursday, January 17, from 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. EST, the American Booksellers Association will present a Marketing Meetup that will focus on marketing your bookstore in a tourist town.
All booksellers are invited to participate in the bookseller-led educational conversations, which are conducted through Zoom.us and held at 11:00 a.m. EST on two Thursdays a month. Booksellers who would like to participate should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation and instructions.
The upcoming roundtable will look at the following topics:
- Marketing campaigns to run during the busy season to maximize that time
- Marketing campaigns to run during the non-busy season to lead up to busier times
- Partnerships with local businesses
- How digital marketing (via website, social media, or other services) comes into play
- Getting featured in local tourist brochures and/or hotels
Guest speakers for this panel include:
- Peter Makin of Brilliant Books in Traverse City, Michigan
- Amanda Zirn Hudson of Bethany Beach Books in Bethany Beach, Delaware
Watch Bookselling This Week for news about upcoming Marketing Meetups.