Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura Edition 2 eReaders Debut
On August 17, Kobo announced the release of two new eReader devices: the Kobo Aura ONE and the Kobo Aura Edition 2.
The Kobo Aura ONE features a 7.8 inch HD Carta E Ink touchscreen; 8 GB of on-board memory to hold up to 6,000 eBooks; ComfortLight PRO technology to reduce blue-light exposure and protect eyes for the best nighttime reading experience; built-in, one-touch OverDrive library lending access; and waterproof HZO Protection™.
The Kobo Aura Edition 2 features a six-inch Carta E Ink touchscreen; 4 GB of on-board memory, holding up to 3,000 eBooks; and built-in, fully adjustable ComfortLight. A video featuring the Kobo Aura Edition 2 is available on YouTube.
Stores can order the devices beginning September 6 via the Kobo corporate site. ABA members that do not have a Kobo account can learn how to set one up here; to create a password, booksellers should contact Kobo’s Catherine Villar.
August Kobo eBook Promotions
Kobo has announced a variety of eBook promotions for the month of August. Webpages featuring the eBook offers will be updated as the promotion dates arrive; banners to promote these offers are available now in BookWeb’s Kobo DIY.
- Discover Author of the Month Lisa Jackson (August 1–31): Buy two, get one free
- Open Road Romance: Buy More Save More (August 1–31): Buy two, get one free
- Popular Pet Reads for the Dog Days of Summer (August 18–23): $2.99 and under
- Sylvia Day One-Day Deal (August 19)
- Kobo Writing Life 50% Off (August 25–29): Use promo code 50AUG as many times as you like on select titles