For Independent Bookstore Day (IBD), April 27, Libro.fm is joining the celebration of independent bookstores by offering free audiobooks that booksellers can give as a thank-you to customers for supporting their store.
Customers who create a Libro.fm account in the leadup to Independent Bookstore Day will receive an e-mail on April 27 with a link to the free audiobooks. Customers who already have a Libro.fm membership will automatically get an e-mail with a link to the free audiobooks, and customers can gift their free audiobooks to friends to spread awareness about Libro.fm and buying audiobooks through indie stores.
In stores on IBD, booksellers can set up a dedicated computer or tablet to collect customer e-mail addresses near the register, post a signup sheet to collect e-mail addresses throughout the day, or hand out a flier with the link to download free audiobooks. The offer expires at midnight PST on April 27.
For more information, marketing materials, promotional copy, and tips for sharing the promotion with customers, check out Libro.fm’s Google Drive folders.
In preparation for IBD, Libro.fm is asking booksellers to help get authors to show their support and spread the word about why bookstores matter. Authors can:
- Let their community know they can get the audiobook version of their book(s) through their local bookstore and link to the audiobook.
- Send Libro.fm a quote in support of independent bookstores; Libro.fm will design a graphic that can be shared with participating bookstore locations.
Send Libro.fm a video answering these three questions:
- What do bookstores mean to you?
- How would you describe booksellers?
- What is your local bookstore?