The 2018 Children’s Institute Consultation Station, which is open to all institute attendees, will feature representatives from the American Booksellers Association’s affiliated business solution partners, POS vendors, and other service providers.
The Consultation Station will be open in the Grand Foyer of the Sheraton New Orleans as follows:
- Wednesday, June 20, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 21, from 9:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. and from 12:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
The 13 vendors will welcome walk-ins during Consultation Station hours, but booksellers can also make appointments with specific vendors in advance; contact information is provided below and on the Consultation Station page on BookWeb.org.
ABA Diversity Task Force
The ABA Diversity Task Force is a board-appointed task force for the purpose of providing insight to the association as it addresses the issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion among member bookstores.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Angela Maria Spring.
- For more information, visit BookWeb.org.
Baker & Taylor
Baker & Taylor is committed to helping you make lifelong readers. We provide the products and services you need with the best wholesale discount in the market.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Margaret Lane.
- For more information, visit indie.baker-taylor.com.
The Book Industry Charitable Foundation is the bookseller’s safety net. Binc provides financial assistance to bookstore employees who have a demonstrated financial need arising from severe hardship or emergency circumstances. The foundation was imagined and built by booksellers and proudly continues to help booksellers across the U.S.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Kit Steinaway.
- For more information, visit www.bincfoundation.org.
With over 33 years in the industry, Booklog offers a complete, robust POS/inventory management solution for today’s retailer.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Gwen Fishbeck.
- For more information, visit www.booklog.com.
Chosen Payments, servicing more than 24 associations, offers credit card processing to the independent bookseller members of ABA.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Sarah M. McKee.
- For more information, visit www.chosenpayments.com.
Drag Queen Story Hour NYC
Drag Queen Story Hour is a children’s program featuring drag queens reading stories to children in libraries, schools, and bookstores. DQSH celebrates diversity, teaches empathy, and helps to curb bullying of LGBTQ kids. Plus, it’s super fun! Learn how to organize your own DQSH from the organizers of DQSH NYC.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Rachel Aimee.
- For more information, visit www.dragqueenstoryhour.org.
Every Child a Reader
Every Child a Reader coordinates Children’s Book Week, which is celebrating 100 years in 2019; the National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature program, currently Jacqueline Woodson; and Get Caught Reading.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Shaina Birkhead.
- For more information, visit www.everychildareader.net.
A longstanding supplier of fixtures, including shelving displays, tables, and counters, for independent bookstores across the country, Franklin Fixtures also provides fixture planning and design and custom solutions at economical prices.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Lisa Uhrik.
- For more information, visit www.franklinfixtures.com.
Handseller combines traditional CRM functions with its proprietary search and discovery engine to create the first-ever customer engagement management system (CXM) for bookstores.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Theresa Savage.
- For more information, visit www.handseller.com.
Independent Bookstore Day
Independent Bookstore Day is a one-day national party that takes place at indie bookstores across the country on the last Saturday in April. Come see how it can boost your store’s profile and increase your sales, and help create the 2019 list of IBD exclusives for children.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Samantha Schoech.
- For more information, visit www.indiebookstoreday.com.
Ingram Content Group
Ingram Content Group LLC keeps the world reading by connecting people with content in all forms. Ingram makes global distribution seamless and accessible for publishers, retailers, libraries, and educators.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Pat Bieda.
- For more information, visit www.ingramcontent.com.
Lovepop makes intricate 3D paper art greeting cards that appeal to all ages. Laser cut and hand-assembled, this premium product is both card and gift.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Michael Eposito.
- For more information, visit www.lovepopcards.com.
Publishers Weekly provides all booksellers with a free yearly subscription. Stop by the PW table for your free subscription and to register for our scholarship program to attend ABA conferences in 2019.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Bryan Kinney.
- For more information, visit PublishersWeekly.com.