Booksellers and librarians can now reserve a spot for the Tea With Children’s Authors, to be held on Wednesday afternoon, May 25, at BookExpo America. Tickets for the event are $15 each.
Participating authors include:
- Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, The Bridge to Neverland (Disney)
- Anna Dewdney, Llama Llama Home With Mama (Penguin)
- Mordecai Gerstein, Dear Hot Dog (Abrams)
- Hilary Knight, Nina in That Makes Me Mad (Candlewick)
- Walter Dean Myers and Christopher Myers, We Are America (HarperCollins)
- Christopher Paolini, Inheritance #4 (Random House)
- Jerry Pinkney, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (Little, Brown)
- Judy Schachner, Skippyjon Jones: Class Action (Penguin)
- Marilyn Singer, Tallulah’s Tutu; A Stick Is an Excellent Thing (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- Maggie Stiefvater, Forever (Scholastic)
- R.L. Stine (Macmillan) The First Day of School ... Forever!
- Scott Westerfeld (Simon & Schuster) Goliath
The event, from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on May 25, in Room 1E12 at the Javits Convention Center, is sponsored by the ABC Children’s Group at ABA and the Children’s Book Council. (The sponsors reserve the right to review all reservations for eligibility.)
Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve your tickets today.
Last week, registration opened to ABA member booksellers for this year’s Speed Dating With Children’s Authors and Illustrators, to be held on Tuesday, May 24, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at BEA.
This free 90-minute speed dating session gives booksellers the opportunity to chat with up-and-coming authors and illustrators of children’s books, as they make their way around the room. The event will take place just prior to the ABA Celebration of Bookselling Author Awards Luncheon.
For more information, read last week’s story Speed Dating story.