Last Call: March 24 Deadline to Register for Ci5 Advanced Education Session
Registration for the 2017 ABC Children’s Institute (Ci5) advanced education session “Idea Exchange for Owners and Managers” will close this Friday, March 24. Booksellers interested in attending the session should sign up now, as space is limited.
The Idea Exchange will take place on Friday, April 7, from 12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. at the Children’s Institute host hotel, the Red Lion Hotel on the River – Jantzen Beach in Portland, Oregon.
The session will consist of two 30-minute freeform discussions, each on a specific topic; booksellers will switch tables halfway through the session. Topics for discussion include:
- Communicating, delegating, and helping staff advance into new positions of responsibility
- Preventing owner, manager, and staff burnout
- Hindsight is 20/20: If you could do one thing different, what would it be?
- Managing your personal politics and the political landscape of your store without alienating customers
- Growing school, book fair, and direct-to-library sales
- Increasing event attendance and guaranteeing sales
- Navigating margins and training staff to upsell
- Bookstore etiquette: Helping customers to respect your store and merchandise
Pre-registration is required to attend the Advanced Education Session, and attendance is limited to bookstore owners and managers. Register now.
Make an Appointment: IndieCommerce One-on-Ones
Booksellers can learn more about IndieCommerce and IndieLite, a low-cost e-commerce alternative, at one-on-one meetings with IndieCommerce staff at the upcoming Children’s Institute.
IndieLite, the new e-commerce platform under development by ABA, will be a solution for bookstores that are just getting started in e-commerce or those that want a website requiring very little time and effort to maintain. Stop by to discuss IndieLite with a member of the IndieCommerce team.
All one-on-one sessions will be held in the Glisan Room at the Red Lion Hotel on the River – Jantzen Beach. Ci5 attendance is not required to meet with IndieCommerce staff. Appointments are currently being accepted for Wednesday, April 5; Thursday, April 6; and Friday, April 7. Walk-ins are also welcome.
For more information about IndieLite or IndieCommerce, e-mail email@example.com.