The featured titles, with booksellers’ quotes, are:
- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green (Dutton Juvenile, $17.99, 9780525478812, available January)
- Jefferson’s Sons: A Founding Father’s Secret Children, by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley (Dial, $17.99, 9780803734999)
- Legend, by Marie Lu (Putnam Juvenile, $17.99, 9780399256752)
- Nursery Rhyme Comics: 50 Timeless Rhymes From 50 Celebrated Cartoonists, Chris Duffy (Ed.) (First Second, $18.99, 9781596436008)
- Cinder: Book One of the Lunar Chronicles, by Marissa Meyer (Feiwel & Friends, $17.99, 9780312641894)
- Extra Yarn, by Mac Barnett, Jon Klassen (Illus.) (Balzer + Bray, $16.99, 9780061953385, available January)
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate, Patricia Castelao (Illus.) (HarperCollins, $16.99, 9780061992254, available January)
- The Name of the Star: Shades of London, Book One, by Maureen Johnson (Putnam Juvenile, $16.99, 9780399256608)
- Otis and the Tornado, by Loren Long (Philomel, $17.99, 9780399254772)
- Bluefish, by Pat Schmatz (Candlewick, $15.99, 9780763653347)
The idea for the Kids’ top 10 shelf-talkers came from Lauren O’Niell of The Booksmith in San Francisco. Booksellers who would like to share their thoughts and ideas about anything relating to children’s bookselling are encouraged to contact ABC Group Manager Shannon O’Connor.
Nominations for the Spring 2012 Children’s Indie Next List are due by Tuesday, January 17, 2012 and can be sent via a convenient online form to ABA Development Officer Mark Nichols.