Winter Institute 2019’s Consultation Station, which is open to all institute attendees, will feature representatives from the American Booksellers Association’s affiliated business solution partners, POS vendors, and other service providers.
The Consultation Station will be open in the Upper West Foyer of the Albuquerque Convention Center as follows:
- Thursday, January 24, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (with a break for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Friday, January 25, from 9:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (with a break for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
The 22 vendors will welcome walk-ins during Consultation Station hours, but booksellers can also make appointments with specific vendors in advance; contact information is provided below and on the Consultation Station page on BookWeb.org.
2020 Vision USA
2020 Vision USA supplies trendy eyewear to independent bookstores around the country. They are an eco-friendly brand with an innovative product and a desire to promote positive change in the world with a policy of giving back to the American Booksellers for Free Expression.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Denise Foster or call (214) 769-2227.
- For more information, visit 2020visionusa.com.
Above the Treeline/Edelweiss
Above the Treeline offers Edelweiss and Treeline Analytics, web-based tools for the book industry to help connect readers with books.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Joe Foster or call (734) 996-2730.
- For more information, visit AbovetheTreeline.com.
Anthology is a point of sale/inventory control solution offering software, POS hardware, and Dell computers for in-store, off-site, multi-store, and remote access. Optional modules are available for credit cards and gift cards.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Jim Bean or call (800) 819-0095, ext. 103.
- For more information, visit Anthology.com.
Baker & Taylor
Baker & Taylor strives to bring joy and enrichment to life by connecting people to books, music, and movies through passionate team members and innovative services.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Margaret Lane or call (704) 998-3325.
- For more information, visit indie.baker-taylor.com.
Basil Bookseller Software is a complete, web-based inventory control system that supports new, used, and online book sales. Now with mobile capability, Basil provides even more options for businesses on the go.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Mike McKnight or call (678) 267-2974.
- For more information, visit BasilSoftware.com.
Bookazine Co., Inc
Bookazine is a full-service wholesaler offering a wide-ranging and deep inventory of new releases and bestselling backlist, with expertise in children’s titles, small press and regional titles, and pop culture titles, including graphic novels and manga. We supply books to thousands of bookstores and libraries throughout the U.S. and around the world. We enjoy positive business relationships with more than 25,000 publishers worldwide, and are uniquely positioned just minutes from Manhattan.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Rick Gallagher or call (201) 339-7777.
- For more information, visit orders.bookazine.com.
BookExpo is the most important event to learn about and source the best new titles for your store. In addition to hearing from blockbuster and debut authors and their editors, you will develop relationships with publishing houses of all sizes to help you merchandise, market, and sell more books. In 2019, you will also be able to source the most unique assortment of non-book items at our new section, Unbound, a thoughtful collection of bookish goods. Join us at BookExpo 2019 and get an edge to help grow your margins and best serve your community
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Jenny Martin or call (203) 840-5454.
- For more information, visit BookExpoAmerica.com.
With over 33 years in the industry and more than 1,300 users throughout the world, Booklog offers a complete, robust POS/inventory management solution for today’s retailer.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Gwen Fishbeck or call (773) 275-4437, ext. 227.
- For more information, visit booklog.com.
Children’s Book Council
Children’s Book Week is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2019. We’d love more indie bookstores to join the April 29 to May 5 festivities!
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Ryan Mita or call (212) 996-1990.
- For more information, visit CBCBooks.org.
The Community of Literary Magazines and Presses (CLMP)
CLMP ensures a vibrant, diverse literary landscape by helping small literary publishers work better. We provide direct technical assistance to independent literary publishers and produce programs designed to bring the many communities our work touches together, including readers, writers, literary translators, booksellers, educators, and librarians. CLMP carries out this mission so that essential literary voices from all corners can make their way from writers to readers.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Montana Agte-Studier or call (212) 741-9110, ext. 12.
- For more information, visit clmp.org.
Gardners/All Media Supply
Leading wholesalers Gardners and All Media Supply combine to bring you the widest possible range of British books and sidelines. Fast delivery options back to store or direct to consumer.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Christine Cawley or call +44 1323 525664.
- For more information, visit Gardners.com.
Handseller combines traditional CRM functions with its proprietary search and discovery engine to create the first-ever customer engagement management system (CXM) for bookstores.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Theresa Savage or call (206) 842-0944.
- For more information, visit handseller.com.
IBID provides POS and inventory control software for single or multi-location book retailers. The software is browser-based.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to David Walton or call (412) 369-5990.
- For more information, visit Irtnet.com.
iMerchant by Computac LLC
Computac offers a point-of-sale and inventory management system for bookstores.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Mark Warner or call (603) 298-5721, ext. 135.
- For more information, visit imrchnt.com.
Independent Bookstore Day
Check out the 2019 IBD catalog of exclusives, see some items in person, and have all your Bookstore Day questions answered in one place.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Samantha Schoech or call (415) 846-6131.
- For more information, visit indiebookstoreday.com.
indiCo supports indies by offering quality products for retail sales or daily operation use. Participants benefit from substantially lower prices, low minimum orders, free customization, and fast fulfillment.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Natalie Richardson.
- For more information, visit goindico.com.
Created by ABA, the League of Independent Book Retailer Insurance Services has been working with independent bookstores and publishers since 1997. Libris works directly with business owners as well as with local agents around the country. In today’s highly competitive business environment, independent bookstores need every advantage to succeed. Libris provides that advantage when it comes to business insurance: Independent bookstores receive broad coverage at a competitive price.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Whitney Balaun or call (888) 694-8585.
- For more information, visit Libris.org.
Libro.fm is the audiobook platform for more than 1,000 independent bookstore locations. We make it possible to sell digital audiobooks through a co-branded storefront. It’s free and easy to get started.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Mark Pearson or call (413) 206-9290.
- For more information, visit Libro.fm.
MVB US, Inc.
Pubeasy is a web-based ordering system used by booksellers all over the world. Pubnet enables efficient EDI ordering between booksellers and publishers in North America.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Ted Hill or call (917) 733-3786.
- For more information, visit mvb-online.com.
Paz & Associates
Paz & Associates offers ideas, inspiration, and best practices for retail booksellers worldwide through seminars, workshop retreats, training guides and videos, a free seasonal e-newsletter, and individual coaching and consulting.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Donna Paz Kaufman or call (904) 277-2664.
- For more information, visit PazBookBiz.com.
Shelf Awareness offers booksellers a free, customized version of Shelf Awareness for Readers for customers that is co-branded with the bookstore’s logo and links back to the store’s website, features the store’s social media, links reviews to the store’s e-commerce, features the store’s events, and offers the option of customizing an editorial.
- To set up an appointment, send an e-mail to Kristianne Huntsberger or call (206) 274-8144.
- For more information, visit Shelf-Awareness.com.
W.G. Ellerkamp Co.
Supplier of paper and plastic bags, gift wrap, reusable totes, and bookmarks for ABA member booksellers.